Step 1 – Before You Start
In some cases council approval, such as building or town planning permits, is required. Decks, verandahs, carports, some paving, concrete and retaining walls do require council approval.
- Has your block been subdivided?
- Do you live in a townhouse or multi unit development?
- Is your block about 300 sq m or less?
If you answered yes to at least of one the above, then you may be required to get a permit. Call us on 0409 334 314 to discuss your requirements and get our advice. We can arrange all permits as required.
Step 2 - Consultation
Modern Outdoor Living offers 2 options:
- Basic Consultation (Free): Involves a single 30 – 45 minutes consultation. Offers an assessment of your requirements and provision of a quote. Advice on: materials, the construction process and basic design.
- In depth Building Consultation (Priced at $275.00): Involves 2 site visits, detailed design advice given, estimates on multiple product selections, multi pricing and quote options offered. Note: This fee is refundable upon booking of the job.
Step 3 - Design
Critical to your project success is getting all the relevant paperwork in order for your project to run smoothly. Once the permit has been arranged for you, or alternatively, no permit is required, we are able to proceed:
- Design plans drafted and submitted for review
- Fixed price contract costed from the agreed design elements
Step 4 - Construction
We ensure the construction of your project is of the highest quality via building expertise, a variety of fixing methods and use of premium materials. We specialise in Australian hardwood decking materials ideal for the Australian climate such as: Hardwood, Spotted Gum, Queensland Blue Gum, Iron Bark, Messmate, Blackbutt, Turpentine, Tallow Wood. We also offer alternative materials to meet your budget.
Step 5 - Payment requirements for projects under $20,000
- 10% Deposit upon signing of contract
- 60% upon commencement of building works
- 30% on completion
Payment requirements for projects over $20,000
- 5% Deposit upon signing of contract
- 20% upon commencement of building works, progress payment
- 35% at nominated stage, progress payment
- 30% at nominated stage, progress payment
- 10% upon completion
All prices include GST. Any variance to this arrangement may be discussed to suit your budget. Clients will be asked to complete the necessary paperwork for the job to proceed.